Aboriginal Student Support
Aboriginal Student Support Officer (ASSO). The ASSO is working with the community to increase Aboriginal participation in university study. For Aboriginal students already at GUC, the ASSO can assist you with:
- Enrolments and all necessary paperwork/online administrative requirements
- Timetabling study at the GUC
- Scheduling and meeting deadlines
- Networking and yarning with other Aboriginal students
- Accessing additional ITAS tutoring or phone tutoring with your deliverying university
- Accessing scholarships for Aboriginal people
- Centrelink requirements
- First point of contact with any issues
Acknowledgement of Country
Geraldton Universities Centre acknowledge the past and present traditional owners of this land on which we are meeting,the Amangu.
It is a privilege to be standing on Amangu country.
We also acknowledge the contributions of Aboriginal Australians and non-Aboriginal Australians to the education of all children and people in this country we all live in and share together – Australia