Professional Development Short Courses
Delivered right here at the GUC!
In consultation with the Mid West Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Pollinators, GUC provides professional development short courses with facilitator Jill McCrum of JEM Training.
Wednesday 15 June 2022 9am-4pm
Having Difficult Conversations
Having the skills to handle difficult conversations is one of the most essential parts of being a successful manager or leader. It may be with a client, a colleague or a staff member. Many people are unsure how to approach them but this program will help you identify the tools necessary to ensure those conversations go smoothly and have positive outcomes.
- Plan a difficult conversation.
- Know how to start the conversation effectively
- Remain calm if things become difficult.
- Appreciate the other party’s perspective.
- Use strategies to handle other people’s emotions
- Work through a difficult conversation step by step
- Feel more confident about having difficult conversations.
To book, please fill in the form below
Costs and inclusions
$396 (gst inc) per person for a full day (9am to 4pm), inclusive of morning tea and lunch, resources and certificate of participation.
Here’s what participants had to say about previous PD courses in Geraldton run by Jill McCrum:
- Great course. Not information overload, easy to understand and remember.
- Jill is a very knowledgeable and engaging facilitator. Love her courses.
- Very informative, good practical skills to take home and back to the office.
- Very experienced and knowledgeable about content presented. Well-articulated.
- Jill is a great facilitator with a good eye for detail and summarizing the room’s contributions.
- Jill delivers great course content and ensures active delivery throughout the day. Always a great day of learning with a great facilitator.