Professional Development Short Courses
Delivered right here at the GUC!
In consultation with the Mid West Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Pollinators, GUC provides professional development short courses with facilitator Jill McCrum of JEM Training.
Manager to LEADER – Wednesday 20 October 2021
3 spots have just become available – to book a spot for this session please email Sari – firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s the difference between a manager and a leader? What skills do you need to develop? This leadership training course will help you make the transition to leader more easily by giving you the foundations you’ll need to step out of management and into leadership.
After this program managers will be able to:
- Explain the difference between managing and leading
- Identify and flex their leadership style
- Model the way
- Set a clear vision for their team
- Use problem solving techniques to deal with recurring issues
- Use strategies to empower and engage staff
- Harness the power of trust
- Make staff feel valued
Managing Personalities – Thursday 21 October 2021
Managing personalities can be difficult because we all have different preferences, different ways of interacting and behaving with others. InsightsTM provides a platform for better understanding ourselves and the styles and preferences of others so we can communicate and work more effectively together. This high energy, fun workshop brings theory to life and provides meaningful insights and strategies for connecting more effectively with others. After this program attendees will be able to:
- Outline the 4 fundamental personality styles of the Insights colour model
- Identify the strengths, core preferences and communication styles of each.
- Discover their unique personality profile.
- Learn why they find some personality styles challenging.
- Identify the personality of others.
- Learn how to modify their behaviour in simple ways to get the best from others.
- Develop better relationships with others.
Book your spot by completing the form below
Each session is highly interactive, providing practical tools and techniques to enable managers to excel. Places are limited to only 16 people per course to ensure maximum participation and relevance to participants own work situations and management challenges.
Costs and inclusions
$396 (gst inc) per person for a full day (9am to 4pm), inclusive of morning tea and lunch, resources and certificate of participation.
Here’s what participants had to say about previous PD courses in Geraldton run by Jill McCrum:
- A1 Awesome, high knowledge level, top person
- Well delivered strategies to take on board and utilise
- Very engaging – lots of relevant activities and opportunities for participation
- Jill was engaging and able to offer suggestions to a variety of situations.
- Fantastic ideas to implement and practice.