Professional Development Short Courses
Delivered right here at the GUC!
In consultation with the Mid West Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Pollinators, GUC provides professional development short courses with facilitator Jill McCrum of JEM Training.
Wednesday August 18 – Emotional intelligence at work
Research has shown time and time again, it is our attitude to and interactions with others that are the key to success. By increasing our emotional intelligence and understanding our emotions, and those of people around us, we can develop stronger working relationships and gain positive outcomes. After this program attendees will be able to:
Explain key elements of emotional intelligence and the benefits of using an emotionally intelligent approach at work.
- Discover their current level of emotional intelligence.
- Understand reactions.
- Remain calm under pressure.
- Reduce negativity and adopt a more optimistic outlook.
- Maximise their own potential.
- Engage and connect with others more easily.
- Manage relationships more effectively.
- Deal with difficult interactions.
Each session is highly interactive, providing practical tools and techniques to enable managers to excel. Places are limited to only 16 people per course to ensure maximum participation and relevance to participants own work situations and management challenges.
Costs and inclusions
$396 (gst inc) per person for a full day (9am to 4pm), inclusive of morning tea and lunch, resources and certificate of participation.
Book your place by completing the form below
Here’s what participants had to say about previous PD courses in Geraldton run by Jill McCrum:
- A1 Awesome, high knowledge level, top person
- Well delivered strategies to take on board and utilise
- Very engaging – lots of relevant activities and opportunities for participation
- Jill was engaging and able to offer suggestions to a variety of situations.
- Fantastic ideas to implement and practice.