Mature Age and TAFE Graduates Info Session
Did you know:
- More than half the uni students at GUC are “mature aged”
- There are many different ways to get into uni – its not all Year 12 ATAR
- If you’ve got a TAFE qualification you may have uni entrance
- Info presentation explaining:
- entry pathways
- bridging programs
- course flexibility
- GUC support
- fees, scholarships and more!
- Hear directly from a mature aged GUC student about what it’s like
- Get one-on-one advice from friendly GUC staff
- Breakout sessions on courses of interest*
Bring your kids – GUC Education students will be on hand to provide activities while you explore if uni might just be for you! – just give us a call on 9920 4400 if you wish to use this service.
Professional Development Short Courses
Delivered right here at the GUC!
GUC provides professional development short courses with our dynamic facilitator Jill McCrum of JEM Training.
Effective Communication Skills – Thursday 21 September
Whilst we communicate all the time, there are significant pitfalls that many fall prey to. Having effective communication skills improves relationships at work as well as achieving desired outcomes more frequently. This program outlines the essential skills for communicating clearly and confidently with impact and authority.
- Identify communication pitfalls.
- Explore body language do’s and don’ts.
- Project confidence through body language and expression.
- Use the voice to convey authority and impact.
- Use successful communication strategies to influence others.
- State viewpoints and requests in a clear and concise format.
- Engage team members by asking the right questions at the right time.
- Demonstrate effective listening skills.
$440.00 (gst inc) per person including morning tea, lunch and certificate of completion.
To book you place, please visit: https://www.guc.edu.au/courses/professional-development-sessions/