Geraldton Universities Centre (GUC) works with partner universities to establish deep and enduring relationships that benefit all parties and our community.
As the original Regional University Centre (RUC) in Australia, the GUC has developed the community and industry connections in the Mid West region of WA to deliver cohorts of students for targeted course delivery.
Since our inception in 2002, the GUC has supported courses on behalf of WA and Eastern States universities, with the higher education awards offered and conferred by our partner universities.
The GUC provides an extensive range of operational and student services to support universities delivering through Geraldton. Our corporate services deliver outstanding benefits for our university partners including:
- Delivering new students into their programs
- Retaining students from one semester to the next
- Ensuring supported delivery runs smoothly
- Recruiting local professionals for block teaching or sessional tutoring
- Providing a central point to deal with saving time, frustration and ultimately money
- Providing a celebrated presence for university in the growing Mid West market place
The GUC model provides mixed mode education characterised by face-to-face academic, pastoral and administrative support. Online students may also use GUC as a study centre.
Our partnership with CQUniversity to deliver pre-service teacher training is the subject of a research paper titled, ‘The Geraldton Universities Centre Report – Partnerships with Community.’
Authored by CQUniversity Dean of Education and Arts, Prof Bill Blayney and Deputy Dean/Head of Course – Bachelor of Education (Primary and Early Childhood),Dr Angelina Ambrosetti, the report highlights the success of the GUC supported mixed mode model.
The report can be downloaded here: The Geraldton Universities Centre Report – Partnerships with Communities