The Mid West Research and Development Network (MWRDN) is a vital link for both researchers and industry to facilitate the R&D most needed for our region.
Established to build the Mid West as an exemplar of research and innovation driving sustainable regional change by considering social, environmental and economic priorities, the network provides a forum for multi-disciplinary collaboration, communication and investment in R&D.
Network members include education and scientific institutions, key WA and Commonwealth government agencies and not-for-profit organisations. Leveraging off existing facilities and expertise in research, the Network aims to further develop the region’s capabilities through its advocacy, activities and partnerships.
What we do
- Advocacy for regionally based research
- Keep track of research being undertaken in the region
- Establish social, environmental and economic priorities for research in the Mid West based on end user feedback.
- Facilitate R & D networking events and workshops
- Foster partnerships and alliances
for universities & researchers
- Improve your chances of successful funding applications with research objectives aligning to identified and endorsed regional priorities
- Help identify sources of investment
- Link you with relevant industry and stakeholders to aid consultation and research processes
- Assist with access to the Pawsey Centre Super Computer if required
- Opportunities to share research, outcomes and next steps for development
- Feed your needs into Mid West research priorities
- Connect you with other businesses or industry clusters to develop R&D needs and proposals
- Identification and introduction to appropriate researchers
- Links to possible funding or investment sources
When the Mid West is innovative, our community will be more resilient and positive social, environmental, economic and cultural outcomes will happen.