GUC is committed to providing a culturally safe and supportive environment for Aboriginal students. Our student services officer is working with the community to increase Aboriginal participation in university study.
For Aboriginal students already at GUC, the student services officer can assist you with:
- Enrolments and all necessary paperwork/online administrative requirements
- Scheduling study and meeting deadlines
- Networking and yarning with other Aboriginal students
- Accessing additional IAS tutoring or phone tutoring with your university
- Accessing scholarships for Aboriginal people
- Centrelink requirements
- First point of contact with any issues
For those seeking information on returning to study, please contact Tiambra Calvin on 9920 4409 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CQUniversity officially launched the video – Walking in our Ancestor’s Footprints – as part of NAIDOC celebrations this week (4-11 July 2021).
Acknowledgement of Country
Geraldton Universities Centre respectfully acknowledge the Yamatji Nations Peoples who are the traditional owners and First People of this land on which we live, work, and learn. We pay our respect to the Elders past, present and future for they hold the memories, the traditions, the culture and hope of the Yamatji Nations Peoples.
GUC also acknowledges the contributions of all Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australians to the education of our community, both locally and throughout Australia.