The GUC is committed to providing academic, administrative and pastoral support for all courses at the centre.
We utilise the very best online technologies to deliver lectures and other activities PLUS mixed-mode program units include face-to-face tutorials and/or laboratories. The tutorials are delivered by local industry professionals so our future generations are being skilled by the best and brightest in our own community.
Click on any of the headings below to see the range of student services GUC provides:
- Advice and assistance with online enrolment processes
- Advice on student academic status and progress
- Liaison with partner universities to assist student enquiries including withdrawals, leave of absence and applications for credit
- Publishing weekly timetables
- Student assignment receipt and return
- Café style student amenities room with:
- Vending machine
- Coffee machine
- Crockery & cutlery
- Tables & chairs
- Outdoor furniture
Student Study Areas
- Standing and sitting desks
- Recharge points
- Closed reserve library
- Wireless internet access throughout GUC campus
- Loaning of laptops
- Student printer available
All GUC students have full access to the online libraries of the university partner they are studying with.
In Addition, GUC operates a small closed reserve library so that all texts prescribed for the units we support are available. Students are also able to access the Central Regional TAFE library.
Orientation will be held on Wednesday March 6 2019. For information please click on the link below:
GUC orientation days and activities are designed so that you can meet your fellow students, become familiar with your new study surrounds and prepare you academically for the year ahead. Orientation includes:
- Tour of GUC facilities
- Introduction to GUC, policies & procedures, roles & responsibilities
- Digital photos for student cards
- Local scholarship information
- Networking opportunities for students
- Specific introduction to delivering university website and course information
- Academic workshops on online platforms, academic writing, critical reading, referencing, library use, using Word and more
- Health and well being sessions
When you achieve your final goal, we will be happy to celebrate your course completion with you at the GUC annual graduation celebration. All degrees are conferred by GUC’s university partners.